Saturday, June 21, 2014

Don't Blow Me Out



So this evening was the Blood Type Positive Show at Sub Urban Vinyl Gallery in New Jersey from 6pm-9pm. Seems to have gone well and all the artists made such creative pieces. It was unfortunate I could not make the show, it would have been nice to see some of my friends from up North. The 2.5 inch resin droplet was created by Mike "Nemo" Mendez and given to 30 artists to create away. I tried to keep to the natural shape of the figure and of course was able to incorporate a fire theme by making it the flame of a candle. Which was fun and simple. I used a wood candle holder sculpting over it to look like wax and wood base to support the sculpt. Stands about 14 inches tall and is available for $140. To check out all the customs and/or purchase any, including the resin droplet, I attached the link below. 

http://www.suburbanvinyl.com/blood-type-positive/


No comments:

Post a Comment